Tuesday 12 August 2008

Dreamy day off

Yesterday morning I woke up and thought it would be really nice to befriend a local with a boat who'd take me sailing. Nothing like the power of intention as it actually happened!!

I asked someone who I knew liked boats where would be a good place to put a sign up requesting a ride on a boat. He said, "Hey, I'm going sailing in 5 mins with another friend - come with!!" So, I did!

We hitched to the dock, took a speedboat out to the real boat and three of us had an enchanted afternoon. The sun was bright, the sky was blue, the sea was glassy and the boat was white (sorry about the postcard cliches). We sailed around some of the Gulf Islands and the scenery was so pristine. We anchored by a bay with clear, emerald water and whiled away many hours skinnydipping on our secluded beach and sunning ourselves on the rocks of our deserted island.

Quote of the day:

Me: "I've never been naked in a speedboat before"
Reply: "Then you've not been having enough fun!!"

No comments: