Saturday 14 June 2008

I'm back!

Gosh! it's been about a week! I think my lack of blogging is partly due to how difficult it is to find a free computer - but here I am nestled in the e-mail booth on a foggy saturday afternoon with tissues and ginger/lemon tea in hand - yes, I'm sick again : ( I believe i was well for about 4 days before re-catching some kind of cold-flu thing. I look on it as my body's way of cleaning out. I'm feeling fairly resolute that I'm going to be healthy for tomorrow. I notice when I'm sick, how I gravitate towards reading, writing - doing art - they're my soul medicine - and in the art barn here, I found a stash of Oprah magazines and some of the articles spoke to me in such a good way, that I almost laughed with the synchronicity! I feel that I've settled nicely into Esalen life - I'm going to stay on for a bit after my program finishes as a volunteer - which basically means that I will get food and board and a lot more free time than I do now. Looking forward!!! I put a few plants in the soil last week which was very rewarding - I love how tactile it is to work with the earth and to pat the seedlings into their dark, earthy new home.

I have new room-mates this month who are as pleasant to live with as last month's room-mates (no snorers!!!) - I am no longer the newest person in my department at work and i feel more and more like I'm living in a village as I recognise an increasing number of characters on my walk around the Esalen property.

No comments: