Wednesday 30 July 2008

namesdropping

Life continues to be very sweet! The food here is amazing - mainly veggies, grains, cheese and eggs (mainly local and organic) and the flavours are so good as the vegetables just speak for themselves. I'm on a firm diet of two portions of dessert a night - last night we had the most amazing baklava with baked strawberries and peaches. Every food offering put infront of me gets greeted with exclamations of "wow - yum" etc..

This week's programme is a party for people who are highly influential in their field - with the aim of weaving great connections between visionaries who want to co-create a better planet. There are 103 amazing invitees - all very sweet, humble and down to earth people, with great intentions. I was chatting on my first day in the tubs to a guy who I mistook for the cleaner (I found out later, he was the co-founder of Greenpeace). I just found out that one of my rideshare buddies who greets me with daily hugs and shoulder massages was the founder of the first ever Earth Day (he never ventured this information!) and during my last stint in the computer room a lady said to her companion "oh - I've just got an e-mail from Michelle Obama" (Obama's wife).

No comments: