Monday 12 May 2008

Brain Food

My time here continues to be intellectually stimulating .. a true mind, body experience! At the weekend a guy who was Clinton's secretary of state for labour (William Reich??) came to speak to us. Amazing speaker - very witty! Apparently, he once went on a date with Hillary C. a long time ago in his student days ... he believes that Hillary will be dropping out of the race soon as her funding is running out and that she'll strike up a behind the scenes deal with Obama - whereby she'll drop out on the condition Obama pays off all her campaign debts and that he appoints her as head of the supreme court (can't remember the correct title for the role).. Anyway, if it happens - you heard it here first!! The guy appeared to be very astute and bright, so I'm curious to see..

Last night there were some guest teachers who'd taught various well known psychlogists such as Nathaniel Brandon - doing a piece on money and mindfulness and our psychological relationship to money. Fascinating stuff!! They are doing a 5-part series. If it wasn't for the fact I had permaculture class the rest of this week, I'd be back for more..

there is definitely an abundance of learning and good food to be had at this place. At some point soon, I'll share the most amazing chocolate dessert recipe with you ..

weirdly, I've had conversations with people who're just not all that into this place .. to me it's a little slice of heaven - but I guess that our slices of heaven all look different...

No comments: