Saturday 3 May 2008

introducing Cherry ..

It's definitely good once in a while to do something that petrifies you - and then you realise it's quite do-able! Driving on LA was on my list of scary things - all that traffic (how does the average LA person deal with spending 3 hours per day behind the wheel?) and those huge spaghetti piles of freeway (how do I figure out what lane to drive in - won't I get lost???)

Anyway, the good news is that driving in LA seems far more daunting from the passenger seat than behind the wheel.

I picked up my new friend for the start of my trip from the Dollar car rental place at the airport. A shiny red Chrysler car which I named "Cherry" - got to give the car a name! Anyway, we were soon cruising from the airport to Santa Monica with thanks to mapquest for the printed directions and I broke out into song and a huge grin. Conquering demons always feels great.

No comments: