Wednesday 21 May 2008

Out in the big, wide world

I've taken an afternoon trip out of Esalen (my first!) and am already totally excited about going back! Sometimes it's good to step out of my life for an hour or two to really appreciate everything that I have.

I'm thinking of all the great people there I know and am yet to know, the powerful sound of the water as it rushes down the creek and hits the ocean, the pound of the surf, the womb-like feeling of being wrapped in the steaming hot tub waters, the beauty of the plants ... and I know I am very lucky!

Carmel By The Sea (where I am now) is pretty neat too!!!

We have 53 people doing a 5 rhythms class this week - so I go to bed at night hearing pounding music (as the dance hall is just below my room). It feels like a great party is going on that I'm not invited to!

I did a great dance class this morning. the teacher did it in honour of her father who passed away exactly a year ago. She quoted us some beautiful lines (I think from Hafiz):

This dance of life is a few magic moments -
How damn lucky we are

So enjoy life - cease it - be it !!!!!

No comments: